Thursday, April 8, 2010

Part 2 of The C.S Perspective's Jay Complex Interview

Here’s part II of III of The C.S Perspective Interview with Jay Complex. He speaks about his current status with B.A.S.S., what he’s currently up to and his plans for The Bahamas.
C.S. What’s the deal with B.A.S.S., why are you are now a single artist or are you still working with them?

J.C. First and foremost, I’m always a single artist. B.A.S.S. is of course, still my team. Of course they’re not a record label but let’s think of them more as a record label; those are artists under a label that I work with but I’m still a single artist. I know we did What’s a Beat Without Bass, Vol. 1 and I might as well tell you that Vol. 2 is coming out at the end of this year. So yes, I still work with B.A.S.S. and we’re still trying to bring each other up.

C.S. Besides music what are you up to now?

J.C. Well, I’m starting my own media production company. So besides music, I’ve been working on Graphic Design and learning a bit more about Photography. I’ve always mixed and edited my own material so audio engineering, I’m always trying to learn more about that.

C.S. Are you focused on your success alone or do you plan on elevating the Bahamian music industry?

J.C. Because of how much I’ve put down in music over these years; I’ve been doing music for 6 years now I always just think to myself or say publicly I don’t really care what happen to Nassau [the country’s capital], I’m just trying to make it on my own. BUT I would like to bring back to Nassau. I don’t like all The Bahamian artists out there. There are a few select ones that I really do respect but I’ll say I won’t bring the industry to Nassau but bring more of Nassau to the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment