Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wiz Khalifa Announces Album Title + Date

Late last night the Taylor Gang General ustreamed to announce to the world the name and date of his much anticipated album...Rolling Papers March 29...TAYLOR GANG OR PLAY FOR THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!!...hit the read more link to see the reasoning behind the albums title




“It’s an appropriate title. It’s called Rolling Papers, like the papers that you roll, the papers that Iroll, the papers that we smoke. But it’s deeper than that too. I thought of this before I even started recording the album and before it was a full idea. It’s not just about the weed thing. It’s bigger than that. My career really took off when I started smoking papers.

“The second reason I called it Rolling Papers is when I left Warner Bros. [Records], I sort of got my ‘rolling papers.’ I got my contract, fu**ing rolled up and smoked. And I was able to walk and I was able to leave and I was able to do my thingand I was able to capitalize off that. So that’s another pair of papers that I really needed in my life.

“The third reason why I named it Rolling Papers, I quit writing a long time ago. I stopped physically writing it down or putting it in my BlackBerry or iPhone. I write notes down, but I don’t write whole verses, so it was like saying goodbye to the paper. The paper’s rolling out too. So everything is real natural. The first thing that came to my head is how I really, really feel. I feel like this is my most natural sound. I paid the most attention to this shit when I did it. I was real focused. I was real keyed in on this shit when I was working on it and I didn’t use any paper, except for [the rolling papers].”

No comments:

Post a Comment